
The installation at NBMAA looks just like I hoped it would. Before the opening at the museum, Douglas Hyland and his charming wife Tita hosted a brunch. Nibbling on delicious treats and conversing with the Hylands' illustrious friends - about J.D. Salinger's current hide-out, among other things - we arrived at the opening a little late. This turned out to be a blessing because there were already a number of visitors there; I don't like the anxiety that usually comes about, wondering whether any guests will show up to an opening.

This is the actual view of the gallery. Compare it to my model below...

2 comments:
Angelika,
I think your work is fabulous. I have never seen anything quite like it-the content is unsettling, modern and at the same time so classical. I just had a four month solo retrospective at the NBMAA and appreciate you sharing the scale model. They did a perfect job of hanging my show as well, though in contrast I gave them alot of freedom, something I don't normally do, but trusted James Kopp-a real professional who used to work at the Met. I think your inspiration for hanging your show was brilliant!
Congrats and I hope great things come from the show for you.
Thank you, Cathie. I checked out your work, too; I love it. Has anything come from having your art at the museum?
I'm in Austria right now, getting my MFA at Transart Institute. Pretty cool, it's only the first day, though. Many students are from the US, but also people from Costa Rica, Venezuela, Slovakia, etc.
Thanks again for leaving a comment on my blog. It's always good to know that people look at it.
Good luck to you, too!
Post a Comment