Cover of Light Work and Community Darkrooms' Fall 2005 schedule for photography classes and workshops
On October 22, I gave my very first photography workshop, at Light Work in Syracuse. FUN! I enjoyed it very much, it was a fantastic experience. My model, Trevor, had the look of a Botticelli painting, and my students for a day seemed to be sincerely interested in my photography. I started by showing them slides of my work and explaining the process, from forming an image in my mind to turning it into a photograph. Then we all moved to a sculpture studio on the SU campus. I wanted Trevor to look like a craftsman from the Renaissance, the sculpture studio served as the inspirational environment. I let each of the students take a polaroid of the final set-up with my sinar 4x5. I'd love the chance to give more workshops.

No comments:
Post a Comment